- “I have had the honor of working with Samantha, Phil, and their talented team on four WeddingDay Magazine shoots, a bridal show, and two weddings. They are kind, compassionate, hard-working people. They are very organized and detail oriented which is exactly what you need during your wedding planning and coordination. And last, but certainly not least, they have a wonderful design vision. They can pull all the design elements together to give you the amazing and cohesive look and feel you want. I would highly recommend SUO! 😊” - Delicate Dishes
- "Samantha is a detail-oriented planner who will get the job done right for you. From small, intimate parties to large events, Simply Unforgettable Occasions is the planner for you." - Classic Catering & Events
- "Working with SUO makes my job fun! The entire staff works hard to make sure your day goes off without a single problem and their ideas make sure your dreams come true and then some! I wish every wedding we booked was with SUO because everything is taken to another level of perfection. The staff communicates well, plans well in advance, shows up early, and works late, and every detail is thought through. Hanson Productions fully suggests SUO to any bride looking for someone to handle all the details and make their day free of headaches!" - Hanson Productions
- "We cannot say enough good things about Simply Unforgettable Occasions. From the moment we first spoke, Sam was incredibly helpful and organized. She listened to our vision for our big day and helped bring it to life in the most perfect way. She hit the ground running and helped us finalize all the details (big and small); including managing 20+ vendors and being on-site every minute of our weekend-long event.
Throughout the planning process, Sam and Phil were always available to answer any questions or concerns we had and were able to offer helpful suggestions and solutions to any issues that arose. They also accommodated our West Coast time zone despite being on Eastern time, as well as the short timeline we had until our wedding (six weeks). This was above and beyond what we expected, and we are immensely grateful for the hours spent on the phone powering through planning details well into the evenings. The commitment and time spent making sure our day was magic, was felt both personally and professionally.
We hired SUO for on-site planning for multiple days but we got so much more than that. Sam was the first person there in the morning and the last person there at night; running things smoothly all the hours in between. To put in perspective the work done, SUO managed all the vendor coordination, vendor set up and deliveries, design, lighting, and orchestration of three days of events including the full execution of the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and Sunday brunch. All at Apple Blossom Resort in New Buffalo, MI (gorgeous also highly recommend); but everything for our wedding had to be brought in. This was a level of complexity (and cost) we didn’t consider when choosing a venue. SUO helped us work through these details by providing market knowledge, recommendations, and resources.
On the day of the wedding, Sam made sure everything ran smoothly and efficiently, allowing us to relax and enjoy the day. The day was absolutely beautiful and there is no better feeling than marrying your soulmate surrounded by the family and friends you love the most. Being able to be in that moment and know that SUO had things handled, no matter what came up, that alone was worth the price of their services. Phil also did a fantastic job making sure I was taken care of, cracking jokes to make me smile, and adding small surprises that made the day feel that much more special.
I highly recommend Simply Unforgettable Occasions to anyone in need of a professional, reliable, and passionate wedding planner. They truly went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend perfect and we are forever grateful to have had them by our side. They are wonderful people, who go the extra mile, and you won’t regret having them on your team for your wedding. We walked away feeling like old friends and look forward to seeing their continued success. All in all, hire SUO, they are worth every penny! To Sam and Phil, Thank you so much for everything!" - Rachael Leggett
- “Sam was great to work with. We did not want a religious ceremony and wanted something kind of short and sweet. We (really just my husband) toyed with the idea of writing our own vows, but to be honest, that is my nightmare. Sam sent examples beforehand and different options for vows that we could tweak to fit us. I didn't think I would be a poem-type person but she found 2 that I loved and fit us as a couple. We had many people ask us where we found her because our ceremony was unique but just traditional enough. She is also a wedding planner so very organized and willing to work with you for whatever you need. She had some issues the week of our wedding and was upfront and had a backup plan in place including her husband who is also an officiant. She did a great job and would recommend to anyone, whatever your ceremony requests are.” - Sarah M
- "Sam is super prompt, professional, and a pleasure to work with! Thank you for being so fantastic!" - Mckenna O
- "It was a wonderful event, all of my friends and family enjoyed it! I would recommend their services to anyone and everyone!" - TJ H
- "Lifesavers! Let me tell you, I could have not got through my wedding without Samantha! She helped me when I needed her most. She took the time to help me arrange my flowers for my centerpieces and make my Boutonnieres. Samantha made sure my reception looked beautiful when we got there. She made sure the vendors knew where to go and helped them set up. Samantha answered whatever questions I had and calmed me when I was at my worst. My day wouldn’t have ran as smoothly as it did, and I couldn’t have done it without Samantha and Phillip. I am forever grateful for them!" - Theresa A
- "Samantha and Phillip at Simply Unforgettable Occasions not only helped me plan my daughter's high school graduation open house; they helped with anything and everything!!! From helping set-up to teardown! They made sure the food trays were kept hot/cold depending on the food. It was almost 90 degrees that day and they kept all of the coolers full with ice-cold drinks. They even made a custom selfie backdrop station in my daughter's school colors! I never thought about how many decisions are involved when planning a graduation open house. I was overwhelmed almost immediately by all of the decisions I had to make and the planning I had to do. When I had my initial phone consultation with Samantha, I instantly felt like so much stress was taken off of me. I was so relieved because I was able to enjoy and share those final months of my daughter's senior year with her. Samantha helped me with planning and pricing out food, designing décor, and she made all of the floral centerpieces, including hand-making custom distressed Ball Jars. I can honestly say that those who think planning a graduation open house by yourself is easy... YOU ARE WRONG!!!! Having an event team like SUO is worth EVERY PENNY!!! They are worth your sanity, your time, and help you to enjoy those special moments in life while minimizing your stress. I would highly recommend Samantha and SUO for any special event as they are able to turn your dreams into reality and a 'simply unforgettable occasion' even if you are on a tight budget!" - Jamie F
- "As the mother of the groom, I was involved in some of the details of my son’s destination wedding, but Samantha’s level of detail is beyond anything I’ve seen. She has an emergency kit stocked to handle anything and everything. She is professional and calming. I highly recommend hiring her for any and all event planning."
- Sandy H
- "They planned my baby shower for my twins. Not only was the process smooth and stress-free but they also saved me money. I loved the suggestion Samantha had for a Dr. Seuss theme involving Thing 1 and Thing 2 and the idea involving blank wooden block toys that all the guests took turns decorating with permanent markers. I still cherish them." - Dana E
- "Very helpful. I felt relaxed on my wedding day since I had some really great help." - Mark P
- "Simply Unforgettable Occasions is exactly what it advertises, unforgettable! Samantha is extremely supportive, versatile, and above all efficient. She will get the job done in a happy and efficient manner and will always respond to your questions and concerns quickly. Anthony Chessar was our Officiant for my husband and I's wedding and he was phenomenal. He was very flexible and able to meet us before the ceremony a couple of times to make sure everything was exactly the way we wanted it and was able to give us great advice on making it just that much better. He was extremely professional while also being funny and upbeat to make us feel comfortable and to assure us that the ceremony would go just the way we imagined. I would definitely recommend Simply Unforgettable Occasions to my friends and family and I have recently asked them to help plan our vow renewal for next summer." - Kylee S
- "We would highly recommend her to anyone; very professional and conducted our ceremony very well" - Daniel K
- "Samantha at Simply Unforgettable Occasions did a great job of helping us to have our wedding just the way we wanted it. Even providing witnesses for us, as it was just the two of us. It was a beautiful wedding!" - Tracy S
- "Simply Unforgettable Occasions assisted my husband and I with Full Wedding Planning Services. They were such a joy to work with. They took the time to learn our likes and dislikes in order to make sure our special day was tailor-made. Being available to us day and evening at just a phone call or email away was extremely helpful because we live about 40 miles away. However, the distance never posed an issue in the planning of our wedding. Professional, but very warm and inviting. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding/event planner who has amazing attention to detail, and makes you feel at home." - Darcia C
- "I would highly recommend Simply Unforgettable Occasions to anyone looking to have a beautiful, unforgettable wedding. All the stress I've always heard that comes with getting married was non-existent. Sam and everyone at SUO took my vision and made it more perfect than I could have hoped for." - Amber S
- "Without the help of Samantha at Simply Unforgettable Occasions, I would not have been able to enjoy my wedding the way a bride should be able to. My fiance and I were both in school, both working, and trying to plan a wedding. Needless to say, when people tell you planning a wedding is a "lot of hard work" that phrase is completely underestimated. I was overwhelmed almost immediately by all of the decisions I had to make and the planning I had to do. When I signed on with SUO, so much was taken off my plate that I was able to enjoy planning my wedding. Samantha helped me with vendors, decor, planning, and moral support to name a few of the many things she did for me. I can honestly say that I probably would have thrown in the towel if not for her and eloped, which wasn't really what I wanted to do, but the list of things to do kept growing and I became pretty frustrated. Samantha took so much weight off my shoulders and did whatever I asked whether it was contacting a vendor, getting a price, scheduling appointments, etc. She took care of my wedding party tuxes and placed me in touch with a great seamstress as well. On the day of the rehearsal and wedding, she took care of all my decorations for me, I didn't have to set up a thing. She ran my rehearsal and ran my wedding and made sure everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be there. To those who may think a wedding planner is not worth the money, THEY ARE. They are worth your sanity, worth your time, and help you to be able to enjoy everything you want to enjoy about your wedding and minimize your stress. I would highly recommend Samantha and SUO for any wedding as she is able to make dreams come true no matter what the budget!" - Elizabeth M
- "Samantha and her staff were wonderful! Everything was perfect!" - Elizabeth H
- "Simply Unforgettable Occasions is simply the best! Samantha was extremely helpful in planning our wedding day and Ryan was an outstanding officiant. Danielle and I decided we wanted to get married on the beach in St. Joseph. Samantha was helpful in recommending a beach as well as some places we could go while we were in town. When we arrived at the beach on our wedding day we were met with rain clouds and Samantha and Ryan holding a big basket of umbrellas. We waited out the storm and had the most amazing ceremony. As I edit the footage from our wedding I realized we could not have done it without them." - Danielle B
- "The best service I have ever had on any platform!" - Tiffany H
- "Samantha is very professional and did an excellent job with our invitations. She helped with the style and the wording of our invitations. She did an excellent job!" - Jordan M
- "Samantha was available for me physically and emotionally. Planning a wedding takes you on a crazy roller coaster and she is there for you the whole time, making sure your day turns out just as you planned and you get there sane and happy. She allows you to enjoy the process, the journey, the ride, and the day!!! She is amazing!!! She is great with details, seeing a vision, and following instructions. She is worth every penny, if not even much more!!!" - Silvia D
- "Samantha came through for me at the last minute, as the person I had lined up to be at my reception site for setup was unable to follow through. I was very pleased with her attentiveness and willingness to jump in at the last minute, which took a load of stress off of me for my very special day. Thank you, Samantha!!!" - Karen H
- "Simply Unforgettable Occasions was a great deal for the extent of the services they provided. I would most definitely recommend them to any future brides and grooms." - Sarah B
- "Simply Unforgettable Occasions was so helpful on my big day! They were hired for Full Service Coordination and Officiating. Ryan performed our Ceremony and did a wonderful job! It was great working with them, there were a few minor problems, but Samantha was on top of it and took care of the problem without me finding out until a few days after the wedding. We also rented linens and ordered invitations through Samantha, and received amazing products and great service! Everything ran smoothly and, with their help, allowed my husband and I to enjoy our special day. Thank You Samantha and Ryan for all your hard work and dedication!" - Rebecca D
- "As the Mother of the Groom, I want to thank Samantha and Ryan for the carefree night at the reception for my son and daughter-in-law. My son and daughter-in-law were married in Texas, shortly after his return from Iraq. We had a reception in Michigan for family and friends on Labor Day weekend. It was no problem for Samantha and Ryan. They set up, ran, and did the clean-up of the reception. I was able to just be the Mother of the Groom. I was able to spend time with the guests and not worry about anything. Thank you again, Samantha and Ryan." - Cyndi D
- "Thank you so much for everything you did to help our wedding turn out so well. Without your help, it would have been stressful and not enjoyable. You were there when I had questions and to make calls when I was at work and couldn't do it myself. You also helped to take our $5,000 budget and make it look like a $10,000 budget. It was all so beautiful. You were there from the very beginning, from planning the bridal shower and bachelorette party to returning all of the rentals after the reception. We felt stress-free because of all of your help. Everyone at the wedding truly enjoyed themselves. I would suggest that all brides hire a bridal consultant (especially Samantha) for their special day. Once again, we would like to thank you so much for all of your help. We will be eternally grateful for it.” - Carry O
- “I had a wonderful experience with Simply Unforgettable Occasions. Samantha helped us throughout the planning process. It was nice having someone there to answer all of our questions. She was amazing the day of. She was there early to help with the setup, and at the end of the night took care of all cleanup and made sure all gifts got to the right place. She was pleasant and helpful to all of our guests.” - Stacey H
- “I have been in two weddings that Samantha has coordinated in the last five years. She is wonderful to work with and very understanding. She has great thoughts and ideas that work well and pulls everything together. The first wedding I was in was hers and she did a wonderful job of putting her vision into a successful reality. Everything was perfect and beautiful on her special day. She worked very hard to see that everything was set up just how she planned. The second wedding I was involved with was one of my friend's weddings. She worked well with everyone and again put everything together so that it was a special day for my friend. Everything was beautiful and well put together. If I were to get married I would hire her before I even started my own plans because she has wonderful ideas and can put them into reality and make that day the most special of my life.” - Jamie F